London Waste & Recycling Board, which manages this website on behalf of Recycle for London, is committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998. This policy explains how information we collect about you is used and kept secure, your privacy choices when using our website, and your right to access your information under the DPA.
Through our website, we may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our online enquiry forms.
- Your IP address (unique identifiers that computers or other devices use to identify and communicate with each other) that is automatically recognised by the web server.
This is in order:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry.
- To notify you about updates to the recycleforlondon.com website.
- To use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviours of visitors to our websites. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.
Your personal information will not be used for marketing purposes or any other services unless you have specifically agreed to be contacted for these purposes.
We will only share your personal information with a third party if required to do so by law or for the purposes of crime prevention or detection.
We have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Any personal information you provide to us is stored securely on password and firewall protected servers and all website transactions are protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, the internet is not generally a secure medium for communication and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us over the Internet.
A cookie is a piece of text that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk so that it can remember who you are. They make interaction between your computer and our website faster and easier by remembering any registration details and preferences from previous visits. A cookie will typically contain the name of the website from which the cookie has come, the lifetime of the cookie and a value. It does not give us access to the rest of your computer and only the site that created the cookie can read it.
We use the following types of cookie:
- Session cookies: to ensure you are recognised when you move from page to page within our site and that any information you enter is remembered.
- Persistent cookies: to recognise you as a unique visitor to our website so that we can tailor content to match your interests.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests.
If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact London Waste & Recycling Board's Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
London Waste & Recycling Board
169 Union Street
London SE1 0LL
You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.